Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Now We're Not So Sure

I saw where some in the intelligence community are saying they aren't sure North Korea actually exploded a nuclear device. Well, they said they did and I think we should take their word for it and respond accordingly. If someone walks up behind you and sticks a hard object against your back and says its a gun you would believe that wouldn't you?

Whether North Korea is running a bluff or not is immaterial. If we call them on it and they are bluffing, great. They lose credibility with their own people and with other nations. If we don't call them on it and they aren't bluffing, then we lose and the whole world is endangered.

Kim Jong Il is a nut case who I think actually would launch a nuclear strike. I don't want to take a chance on his being lucid enough to think the consequences through. This man needs to be elimenated. This will be no easy task given the police state he and his father have created but it can and should be done.

If I were President, I would have no compunctions about having him greased.
Chuck

3 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

Those intel reports are troubling. They are poorly wrought. You simply can't tell if the device was a nuclear bomb or not from it's corresponding earthquake. From what I read, a 4.2 tremor corresponds to about 1 kiloton worth of explosives. Sure, that could be stacks of TNT. But 15 kilotons could be stacks of TNT too. There's no reason to consider this not a nuclear device unless there is no radioactivity in that area.

These intel leaks worry me because they might be creating room for a little confusion to dampen this as an issue in November.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

The intelligence leaks are intended to effect the elections next month. I would bet the leaker is a) a democrat, b) a staffer for a democrat member of an intelligence ccommitte, c) has never served in the military and d) has approval to leak from his boss.

If I had my way, the leaker and the guy he works for would be hauled out and shot. But I am one of those aggressive hawks the democrats hate.
Chuck

5:26 PM  
Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

Apparently the Chinese thought it was going to be a 4 kiloton blast. I wonder if the Russians heard that too, and so thought they could ballpark it in the 5 - 15 range.

Huh.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home