Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Life Is Good - Most Of The Time

I'm one of those people who thinks the worst day in my life was wonderful and the rest are even better. Today was only wonderful.

I woke up with an excruciating pain in my right side. Right away I knew it was a kidney stone since I average 2-3 per month but this one is not one of my ordinary ones. It has to be a chip off the Rock of Gibralter. It really hurts but there isn't much that can be done other than wait for it to pass. I could go to the Doctor and let him ultra sound it but that just makes a whole lot of smaller ones that still have to be passed and the last time I had it done it cost $12,000.00. As the saying goes, This too will pass.

Not being one who lays up because of a little pain, I painted the bannisters on my front porch. This being Coastal Georgia the trim on the house has to be painted about every 3 years. This gave me a chance to try out my new Wagner Professional spray gun. The painting took about 3 hours and the cleanup took an equal amount of time. Spray painting with latex paint is expensive. It takes about 3 times as much paint to cover an area than if you painted with a brush or roller.

After I finished the bannisters I decided to paint the porch floor. I had been planning to do this anyway and already had the paint so I lit into it using a brush because I didn't want to cleanr the spray gun again. Being a perfectionist, not in spelling and composition, I can't tolerate overlap so I masked around the columns with the new super duper, blue, easy release, masking tape that sells for an arm and a leg. The new super duper, blue, masking tape will not tear straight no matter what you do so I got my sissors and cut it. It would have been easier not to mask and to go back and touch up any overlaps.

At this point in my wonderful day, not ecstatic but wonderful, my wife brought in the mail. We had a letter from the IRS telling us we owed $10,630.00 from 2004.

I'm glad it was only a wonderful day, I don't think I could have survived an ecstatic one.

I have been trying to figure out how to put a blogroll on my blog. I signed up with Blogrolling. com and tried to follow the directions but to be honest I am so computer illiterate I haven't been able to get it to work. I will get it done some way but I have to figure it out a little at a time. Sixty- six year old gray matter doesn't function as well as it did a few years ago.

Well, there is always tomorrow. Maybe it will be an ecstatic day.
Chuck

3 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

My day was just pleasant comapred to this wonderful day.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

You don't need blog rolling. Go to any blog where you like the look of the blogroll. Right click and use View Source. That will give you the html that you can paste into your template. Replace the other source with your favority blogs. Actually, just try one blog at first to test.Make sure you preview the template before saving!

You see where it says "edit me" on the right hand side? You can put it there.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Purple Avenger said...

I just manually edit my template.

Its just a list of links that would use the same HTML tags you use to inject a link into a blog post.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home