Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Our Politicians Have Gone Nuts

I've been keeping an eye on the issue of defining what techniques can be used in questioning captured terrorists and terror suspects. I am flabergasted that things like belly slapping and sleep deprivation are even being discussed. We got much worse than that when I went through Escape and Evasion training in the Navy.

To me, torture is pulling out finger nails, gouging eyes, cutting off fingers one joint at a time. None of this namby pamby stuff.

I don't condone the use of those techniques I named but in this terrorism environment a situation could arise that would justify their use. I wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to detach a finger joint if I was sure it would get information that would stop a terrorist attack.

Chuck

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

"I wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to detach a finger joint if I was sure it would get information that would stop a terrorist attack."
Amen, Bro. Bannerman! It's a No-brainer in my thought process. I always enjoy your astute comments over at Betsy's place.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Purple Avenger said...

Seriously, BCT at Dix in the 70's was worse than these asshats are talking about.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home