Friday, October 06, 2006

I Might Have To Unretire

I retired Sept. 27 and since then I have worked harder than I ever did while employed. My ass is dragging. In addition to all the painting and sprucing up I have done to the house, today I had to work on the roof.

I said in one of my previous posts that my first job was working on a bridge over the Savannah River. It was 118 feet above the water so one would think working on a roof that at it's peak is 54 feet would be a piece of cake. Wrong. My pucker factor was so high you couldn't have driven a needle up my ass with a sledge hammer. That coupled with the heat just about did me in.

I see the Foley thing is still going strong and the pundits are saying the GOP is up the creek in a screen wire canoe. I think something is going to come out soon that will drag the Democrats into the mire. As much dirt as there is in the Washington scene, some democrat is going to find himself spalshed all over the media.

I saw where Nancy Pelosi said one of the first things the democrats will do is raise the taxes of anyone making more than $250k. Watch what will happen to the economy if they do. The stock market will drop like a turd from a tall cow. I don't know what it is about democrats, they just don't understand that people spend more if they have more money. One year after the democrats take over, if they do, and we will be in a recession.
Chuck

2 Comments:

Blogger Purple Avenger said...

I think something is going to come out soon that will drag the Democrats into the mire. As much dirt as there is in the Washington scene, some democrat is going to find himself spalshed all over the media.

The blogosphere noose is tightening around the dems neck.

The mystery SSP blogger's location has been narrowed down to Royal Oak Michigan.

Nancy Pelosi has been linked to the page who leaked the IM's. That page *IS* a self proclaimed gay, democrat, and his parents donated $1000 to the Kerry campaign.

These democrats are amateurs. They have no clue how to run a dirty tricks campaign and not get caught. They're leaving tracks and evidence all over the place. 10 years ago we'd never find'em, but with the power of the net and thousands of eyeballs searching, they're doomed.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

Check out the latest on my page. It's wildly speculative but I think in a reasonable way.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home