Monday, September 03, 2007

HDTV

Today my wife and I went to Circuit City so I could buy a new flash drive and while we were there she looked at the HDTVs. We had talked about buying one at some point but it was the last thing on my mind when we went in the store. Well, on the way home she said she would like to go ahead and buy one so I measured the opening in our built in entertainment center and we trucked on back to Circuit City.

We bought a 32" Sony because it will fit in the cabinet and made arrangements for their Firedog team to come to the house to survey it for installing a surround sound system. I don't know how many times I have installed entertainment systems in our houses but this time I refused to do it. I'm old and don't want to crawl around in the attic routing wires and what not. I'll bet dollars to donuts that I will wind up doing the installation though because the Firedog guys are going to take one look at our house and present some jack leg proposal that will leave holes in our walls or moulding.

I sure hope the new TV and surround sound system turns out good because this is the first time in 41 years she decided to do something like this and I don't want her disappointed.

Chuck

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth Barnat said...

I just read one of your comments on Betsy's Page and linked to your site. I really like the way you think. You have great writing talent and a very quick mind.

I'm going to send your site to my desktop and check it out daily.

I'm a Hoosier stuck in CA (due to marrying my ex-husband who's a native Californian and who I couldn't convince to move to IN with me). My kids are 23 and 21 and I'm seriously thinking about moving back to the other part of the country in two years.

I've always loved Georgia. I was looking at North Carolina until I learned how they give illegals (and they have many of them) drivers' licenses and just passed a law that would make it very easy for illegals to vote.

I'm trying to get away from all that here in California.

How do you like Georgia?

P.S. I read through your posts and am happy to hear your wife's eye surgery went well.

And, yes, we do have the best medical care in the world and I agree with you about Michael Moore. I think he is the spawn of the devil.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Beth:
Thank you for your kind words.

I lived in California twice. The first time in San Diego in the 60s before the whole state went insane and the second time in Laguna Nigeul in the early 90s. I could see some drastic changes and most of them I didn't like. One thing good about Ca. though is that the cities are pretty clean.

I spent some quality time in Indiana several times working in pharmaceutical plants. I thought the people there were friendly and hard working. Something I wish I could say about some of the other places I've lived or worked.

I grew up in Georgia so I came home after retirement. I had thought about retiring to Montana where I went to college but then I thought about the cold and snow, which I had had enough of living in NY, NJ, Ill, Mt and Md. Georgia's biggest drawback is the summer heat. It doesn't bother me as much as it does some people but it can sp your energy. I live right on the coast on a deep water river where I can fish, shrimp, and carb whenever I like so being retired doesn't ever get boring.

My son lives in Charlotte where he is about to be promoted to Captain on the Charlotte PD. You should hear him talk about the illegal immigrant problem there. They catch illegals and call ICE who tells them to let them go because they are too busy to deal with them.

I lived in NC several times in the 70s, 80s and 90s and watched it change from a sleepy, mostly agricultuaral area to a dynamic cosmopolitan state. I thought about retiring there too but costal Georgia is where my heart is and I am closer to my sisters who I adore.

I really appreciate your coming to my site and sincerely hope you will check in from time to time. I don't post as much as I would like to because I stay pretty busy enjoying retirement.

Chuck

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home