Thursday, July 26, 2007

It appeasr that having a lot of money and being adored by pappirazzi and fans takes the thought process out of celebrities heads. I hate the term celebrity, it implies that their lives are cause for jubilation and that those around them are being graceds with their presence. I don't mind Star as the entertainers of yore were called I don't even mind famous. Celebrity makes my stomache turn.

I have known a lot of people over they years that I loved being around and I listened attentivly when they spoke. I felt I was lucky to know them . Some of them were very well known in scientific circles, some were heads of very large corporations a few were in the arts as actors or painters, or writers and a couple were sports stars. In fact, I was taught to drive by a man who was a legend in stock car racing. He was known as Fireball Roberts, but I called him Glenn. All of these people had one thing in common. They didn't see themselves as the end all be all in their field and they all were courteous, low key, kind and understanding.

When I see the antics if Brittany Spears, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Tom Cruise, Nick Nolte and many other "celebrities" I wonder what happend to them? Certainly they had parents, teachers, pastors and friends who tried to show them right from wrong. It seems that the more famous they get the more selfdestructive they get. Look at Miclael Vick. He makes obscene amounts of mony for playing a game. Its true he is extremely good at playing football but it is still a game.

I don't know Michael Vick and I won't pass judgement on him but I question his motivation and intelligence for putting himself in a position where he can not only lose his huge salary he can get up to 6 years in prison. If he did in fact run a dog fighting arena he is sick and needs psychiatric help. Why would anyone want to watch 2 dogs rip each other apart? Is it transference? Is it what they would like to do to someone but the price is to high to actually do it?

I sincerely hope Michael Vick is found innocent of the dog fighting allegatios, not in the way OJ was but that is innocent without equivication. I have been a Falcons fan for years and I would hate to see them have a lousey season, they have enough already, because of Vick.

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home