Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In my previous post I discussed the hide bound members of the Board of Directors for the Property Owners Association where I live and the ineptitude of the Chairman of our Security Committee. Well, I wrote a letter to the Board and to the Chairman in which I pointed out the numerous problems with the gate and security system. In the letter I suggested that the Chairman resign or that the Board remove him. To date I have received no response from either.

Word got around the community about the letter and I have received numerous phone calls of support and requests for me to persue the matter further.

I am considering starting a Recall Petition to remove the Chairman of the Board and Chaiman of the non existant Security Committee from office. I really do think this is appropriate but a number of the people who have encouraged me want me to run for the Board. I don't want to be on the Board for several reasons but the paramount one is that I am not a diplomat. I call things the way I see them and don't worry too much about stepping on people's toes.

With my management background and engineering abilities I would make a good advisor to the Board but my direct approach to things I think I could soon alienate my neighbors. On the other hand, people already know what I am like and they are still asking me to run.

I am not sure if I should allow myself to be nominated but I am certain I could do a better job than the current crew. I'm glad I never tried to be a politician.

Chuck

3 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I finally got some Internet time. Hope all is going well. I can't blog. But, things are going pretty darn good.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Chris:
Its' great to hear from you. I hope you are safe, well and happy. I check Edit Copy occasionaly to see if you have had a chance to post something.

Best of luck to you. For six days labor all you are able, on the seventh, Holystone the deck and scrape the cable.
Chuck

9:32 PM  
Blogger Publia said...

Copy Editor, Imagine running into you here! Hope all is well with you; you are in everyone's thoughts!
Chuck,
Definately you should run for the association; they don't need a politician, they need results and decent security. Your association calls you to duty; you should enlist!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home