Monday, December 25, 2006

Count Your Blessings

I can truthfuly say this Christmas sets the record for things going bad for the glorious holiday. While loading an air compressor into my pickup I pulled a little too much and stsrterd a kidney stone on it's trip tp the outside. My wife tripped Friday night anf broke her hip. They did a hip implant Sunday so she won't be home for a while. My Grand Daughter came down with strain B influenza so she has felt poorly.

This is really the way I like to spend Christmas and it could be a real downer if didn't take the time to recognize how much worse it could be. Those of us who were fortunate enough to have been born in the USA have life as good as it gets. But for the luck of the draw, anyone of us could have been born a Palestinian, an Afghani, an Iraqi or a black African anywhere in Africa. Compared to them we are blessed beyond understanding.

Maybe we should set a little time aside each week to count our blessings. We have many.
Chuck

2 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I am sorry to hear about your troubles, but find your attitude very refreshing. Be well!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Bummer, Chuck! Y'all get better!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home