Monday, October 23, 2006

Call Me Pollyanna

It could be that I am in a state of denial or it could be just wishful thinking but I don't think the democrats are going to take over the House or the Senate.

Democrats that I know cringe at the idea of Nancy Pelosi becoming Speaker and at Harry Reid becoming Majority Leader. If the Republicans do hold the majorities, we have these two people to thank. Their perpetual negativity and mean spiritedness have turned off a lot of Democrats who otherwise would run to the polls and pull the levers for Democrats.

As a lifelong Republican I am sorely disappointed in the performance of our Congresspersons and Senators and think that if we do lose it is because our elected representatives threw the election away. If we win and hold the majorities it will be because people will have made a choice between the bad and worse.

I hope Republicans will learn a lesson from the upcoming election and will realize that the public actually wants them to do something other than politic every issue. They need to take advantage of being in the majority and act on Social Security, Immigration, Health Care, Terrorism, Intelligence Gathering and most of all they need to recognize thet we are engaged in a war (not Iraq) against terrorism. Iraq is only a sideshow in the Global War on Terror and it is time for our elected officials to acknowledge it.
Chuck

4 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I can't stand Reid. Can't stand him at all. But, Reid and Pelosi are not well-defined across the entire electorate. I think the GOP push to scare people on Pelosi is a little late and too limited.

I'm not overly thrilled with a Democratic win. I think it will occur in both Houses though.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

The more air time Pelosi gets the more people are turned off on her. Yesterday I saw a clip of an inteview Pelosi had with Leslie Stahl and the look on her face coupled with her in your face attitude even had Stahl backing off.

I think people are more aware of what a bitch Pelosi is than you think. As I said, the more air time she gets the worse she makes things for herself and for Democrats.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I don't like my party's leadership. No denying that. Both Reid and Pelosi have demeanor issues.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I think my posts today will be more palatable to your tastes -- but not completely palatable.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home