Thursday, October 26, 2006

Border Fence

I see that President Bush has signed the border fence bill. I'm glad he finally did, I was beginning to think he was going to pocket veto it.

I'm not sure which portions of the border are going to be fenced but I hope that while they are at it they go ahead and electrify it. That may sound cruel to some but it is going to take more than a fence to keep the illegals out. The term illegals here includes not only immigrants but drug smugglers and terrorists.

If I were in charge of securing the border, I wouldn't bother with a fence. I would mine the border 100 yards on our side and clear all brush and other cover for 500 yards. To prevent tunneling I would place sensors every 200 feet along the border and when they pick up the sounds of someone digging a tunnel I would drill a hole, pack it with dynamite and blast it. Tough shit if the digger happens to get blown away.

We are never going to stop illegal immigration as long as people hire them. We should make hiring an illegal a felony with a minimum of 1 year in jail. Maybe that would help.
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home