Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Saga Continues

I know you won't believe this but I swear it is true. Yesterday my wife was released from the hospital and I was driving her home. We got exactly 3 blocks away from the hospital and a guy rearended us. Fortunately no one was injured and my wife's hip was not damaged. I really hope this is not indicative of what 2007 has in store for us.

The finally got Jerry Ford in the ground. That poor guy has been dragged all over the country and his family has been in the limelight for over a week. I hope no one comes up with another idea for paying last respects to him, they might just dig him up and put him on display again. Poor guy, he just wanted a simple funeral and he got a huge send off. If I hear the Nixon pardon mentioned one more time I think I will puke. The guy did what was needed at the time.

Don't let anyone tell you MediCare doesn't work or that MediCare patients get poor treatment. My wife got excellent care, which is continuing as I write this. We have had nothing but the best treatment for her and virtually everything was covered. The only cash outlay we have had was to purchase shower stool and our co- pay for her prescriptions. The stool was $40.00 and the co- pay was $304.00. Retail for the prescriptions was $1800.00. MediCare may not be perfect but based on all the political brouha about it I am amazed at the effectiveness and efficiency.

Chuck

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Yep, the "little woman" and I felt sorry for GRF's widow. Indeed ridiculous to spend that much time! Best wishes to YOUR "LW", Chuck. Based on what I've seem with my mother for 13 years I have to agree with your take on MediCare. As an aside, the two things that I think would garner good general healthcare cost control are 1) serious tort reform -- meaning we better not elect John Edwards, who has seemingly raised medical-related suits to a fine art -- and 2) full standardization of claim forms/procedures (NO GOOD REASON that couldn't be done!).

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home