Sunday, January 14, 2007

I saw on the news today that the president of Iran (I can't spell his name and it isn't worth trying) was visiting Hugo Chavez and has started a fund to bring down America. It sure would be a shame if his plane mysteriously crashed on the way back to Iran.

Barbara Boxer seems to have fouled her little nest with her catty remarks to Condi Rice. Then I have never seen anything she has done or said that makes me think there is anything other than a vacuum between her ears.

I almost had a heart attack when I found myself agreeing with Charley Rangle. He seems to have made it clear to Nancy Pelosi that he is in charge of tax policy and that if she wants to make new tax laws she has to go through him. I'll be surprised if Pelosi remains Speaker for the full term. She seems to think the sun rises from her mouth and sets in her ass.

I have to say I wasn't very impressed with GWB's speech on Iraq. I have supported him all the way through his presidency and I still do but the surge he is contemplating is like shoveling shit against the tide. If he really wants to win in Iraq, he needs to have a massive surge and put the entire country under marshall law. Otherwise the terrorists ( insurgents if you like) will only lay low and wait out the clamp down only to spring up again at another time and place. These are lessons the Generals should have learned from Vietnam.

Fighting insurgents is like trying to grasp smoke and the only way to win is control the environment the operate in. General Whats His Name's manual of fighting an insurgency is crap. You don't win by kissing their asses and winning their hearts and souls. You win by beating the crap out of them and making them fear your shadow.
Chuck

1 Comments:

Blogger Bravo 2-1 said...

I guess when you are undermanned you need to come up with something other than ass kicking.

I still wonder what will actually happen to Sadr. The Americans seem confident (maybe just hope expressed as optimism) that Maliki will allow for a confrontation. What a mess that would be.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home