Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Second Childhood

Sometimes I wonder what made me do something like I did today. I bought a Triumph motorcycle.

I have had the itch to do a restoration on an old Triumph for a good while and finally I bit the bullet and bought a 1972 Bonneville. I would have preferred to do a 1968 but all of them that I found were either choppers or priced a lot higher than I was willing to pay. The 1972 is the same style so it really doesn't matter all that much.

I really enjoy bringing an old car or motorcycle back to a like new condition. I have 2 Chevelles, 1966 and 1967 that I restored and the experience was very satisfying.

The good part of this Triumph is that it has a clear title, the bike hasn't been butchered by making it a chopper or bobber. It has all the elements to be better than new when I finish it.

I guess us old retired old men have to do something to keep us out of trouble.

Chuck

1 Comments:

Blogger A-6Dude said...

It's a lot cheaper than taking on another woman!!

Work is going crazy and blogging has to take a back seat to family. I try to get one in every now and then but I hate not researching and being thorough (as much as I can be). How about a before and after pic of the Triumph?

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home